Saturday, December 4, 2010
People are jumping off the Leafs bandwagon at an alarming pace. It’s the 1980s all over again. Miraculously, I’m still hanging on. The Leafs are trying their hardest to break me, but, so far, I’m still kicking. It’s like I’m on a train doomed to crash. Instead of scrambling to get off I’ve just buckled myself in. Fuck it, might as well get a good seat for this baby.
- The Leafs went 3-7-3 in November.
- They went 0-4-1 against the Northeast division.
- The Leafs called up Nazem Kadri in desperation. He’s showing signs of creativity, but clearly still needs AHL seasoning. He’s slated to start on the fourth line Saturday night (with ample power-play time), which probably isn’t the best place for a 20-year-old rookie.
- J.S. Giguere keeps calling out the team (like a good veteran should when he sees this shit), but no one is responding.
- The Clarke MacArthur goal-machine has run dry.
- I like Colby Armstrong and I was a fan of his signing, but when you’re counting on his return to drastically change the team’s fortunes…well, that’s going in the bad column.
- Not sure anyone other than Mike Brown grew a moustache for Movember.
- Leafs were shut out three times this month and failed to score more than one goal two other times.
- Ron Wilson is still coaching, yet this monstrosity in front of him probably isn’t his fault. Probably. I don’t really know what is. The team is a mess.
- Dion Phaneuf had his leg cut up by an errant skate blade and missed all of November.
- Kris Versteeg is a -10.
- Brett Lebda is almost at a minus a game clip (-11 in 12 games).
- Colton Orr leads the team in plus/minus with a sturdy +2.
- Phil Kessel doesn’t look like the franchise player Brian Burke thought he was getting. He leads the team in goals with 10, but is fifth in team scoring and is wildly inconsistent. Is this just a product of teams being able to focus solely on Kessel without any threat of secondary scoring?
- Tyler Seguin is making his way to the ACC tonight and is probably going to have a monster game to stick it to me.
- TWO TOP-5 PICKS!!!??????????? It might take me my whole life to get over this if it happens.
- The Leafs are in a classic death spiral. Amazingly, this isn’t the first one they’ve been in all season.
- It's likely the Leafs have yet to hit rock bottom. Think about that.
- It’s got to the point where I don’t think I can watch the Leafs anymore.